While words such as ‘integrity’, ‘accountability’ and ‘excellence’ certainly describe characteristics that our organization strives to embody, our core values are ones that can’t be expressed through words—and only exist as an extension of our actions. This includes taking everyday steps for our board of directors, staff and students to:
- Inspire hope
- Demand excellence in everything we do
- Respect each person as an individual
- Demonstrate integrity and accountability
- Move toward and demonstrate self-sufficiency through teamwork and mentoring
- Commit to spiritual, emotional, social, and vocational growth
- Maintain an environment that fosters teamwork, success and trust
- Create leaders centered on stewardship (time, talent and treasure)
We believe accountability is the key to achieving long term success in life. We are committed to clearly communicating expectations, walking through challenges, and providing caring assistance in all instances and at all levels of the organization.
We believe that education is vital to self-reliance and self-sufficiency. We are committed to compassionately providing victims and survivors of natural disasters with educational opportunities, equipment, and life skills necessary to make well informed decisions in all aspects of their emergency preparedness.
We believe empowerment leads to self-reliance and self-sufficiency. In contrast to a handout, we believe in equipping and inspiring families to be more prepared when a disaster strikes.